In the shivering daylight
– of the naked, piercing dawn
Fragile thoughts tied to strings
– cry for mother’s breasted milk
Like babes and shatter solitude
– a thousand mirrored pieces
Within the graveyard
a blanketed mist sticks
Like film, digusting, to the skin.
Twitching every nerve raw
Madness in my eyes, blaring.
– a fog horn
The nameless graves, a horrible torment
The souls and their ghoulish intent
Screaming their names in my brain,
Loud and noisy
– pulsing, pounding, booming
In time to my rushing blood
– in a language I can’t see
A plucked violin string – hollow, vacant
– as clear as this new sun in my vision
There is only silence.